As COVID-19 spreads across the world, the future of medicine is quickly turning into the medicine of today. As the world continues its collective efforts at waging war against the rapidly spreading coronavirus, a handful of health tech devices and telemedicine tools are in the spotlight like never before. Many of these gadgets are being fast-tracked and called up to the front lines to be the tip of the spear in the coronavirus pandemic. With elevated body temperature being among the first symptoms of COVID-19, the illness caused by a coronavirus, some medical practices, retail businesses and even restaurants are checking people’s temperature at the door with these infrared thermometers pointed at the visitor’s forehead.
The way this equipment works is that ‘Infrared light works like visible light — it can be focused, reflected or absorbed. Infrared thermometers usually use a lens to focus infrared light from one object to a detector called a thermopile. The way this equipment works is that “Infrared light works like visible light–it can be focused, reflected or absorbed. Infrared thermometers usually use a lens to focus infrared light from one object onto a detector that is placed inside the product which is called a thermopile. The thermopile absorbs the infrared radiation and converts it to heat. The more infrared energy there is, the hotter the thermopile gets. This heat is turned into electricity. Electricity is sent to the detector, which uses it to finds the temperature of whatever thermometer is pointing to. The more electricity, the hotter the object is.”
Non-Contact Infrared Thermometers are gaining popularity especially during these days are due to the advantage that it can measure body temperature without bringing the device in contact so the chances of infection and transferrable disease automatically gets reduced. Infrared thermometers are extremely useful when used in the right way and for the right purpose. However, before you can develop confidence and ability to display temperatures, you need to also understand their limitations.
- The Devices are used to only measure surface temperatures and not the internal temperature of food or other materials.
- These devices require adjustments depending on the surface being measured
- These Digital thermometers can be temporarily affected by frost, moisture, dust, fog, smoke or other particles in the air.
- These are temporarily affected by rapid changes in ambient temperature
- Care to be taken as these devices can be temporarily affected by proximity to a radio frequency with an electromagnetic field strength of three volts per meter or greater
- Important thing to note is that you cannot see through glass, liquids or other transparent surfaces – even though visible light like a laser passes through them
Tips to Improve Accuracy of these Thermometers
- To improve the accuracy, an infrared thermometer should be kept free of dirt, dust, moisture, fog, smoke and debris. Hence it must be stored properly
- Always take the time to clean your infrared thermometer after exposure to a dirty, dusty, smokey or humid environment. As a preventive measure one must plan a regular cleaning every six months or so. Particular care should be taken to keep the infrared lens clean and free of any dirt.
- Use a synthetic cloth or cotton cloth with water or medical alcohol
- Carefully clean the lens and the body of the thermometer.
Allow the lens to dry completely before using the thermometer
Never submerge any part of the thermometer in water and just in case if you do. Don’t worry RV Care Centres Hain Na!!!.
How RV Solutions is helping in Repairs and Replacement Services through 1000+ service centre network Pan India:
RV Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is a nationwide After Sales service provider. Currently RV Solutions is engaged in providing Repair and Replacement Warranty Services for Mobile and its Accessories. With a team of dedicated Technicians the team ensures that prompt after sales services are provided to the customer who walks in with the defective product at the Service Centre where the services are provided within the defined SLAs.
We provide a range of customised support for repair and replacement services over the 1000+ centres pan India. To know how we can add value you can drop us an email at email@example.com and we would align a representative to come across and meet and explain how we transform your after sales services.
Lastly stay Safe and practise Social Distancing as much as possible.